A global mindset for the greater good
We believe that as part of a globally-connected village, citizens of every country must stand together in solidarity, recognizing that our decisions, choices and actions as businesses and individuals are not isolated, but instead have a powerful ripple effect. At TELUS International, our leadership team is keenly attuned to our responsibility as corporate citizens in this regard, and we will continue to be guided by the values embedded in our caring culture in order to meet the needs of our team members, clients and the communities where we operate.
Keeping our team safe
The impacts of COVID-19 are far-reaching and continue to evolve. We continue to closely monitor the situation and take proactive steps in-line with the advice of the World Health Organization, local governments and health service authorities in order to prioritize the health and safety of our over 50,000 TELUS International family members located around the world.
Our Emergency Management Operations Center (EMOC) teams are meeting regularly to ensure that our policies and planning cover all aspects of our business operations, especially when it comes to our people. At a high-level, robust prevention and education activities have been deployed to date including:
- Supporting a significant proportion of our team members who continue to work from home
- Sanitization stations throughout sites and face covering required in common areas
- Hourly site sanitization in high-traffic areas where sites are safely operational
- Appropriate physical distancing at workstations and throughout sites
- Restriction of access and movement within our sites to enhance physical distancing
- Temperature and COVID-19 symptoms checks at site entrances
- Implementation of ‘self-quarantine’ processes for team members who have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with a confirmed or suspected case
- Postponement or cancellation of in-person company events until further notice
- Suspension of all international business travel
Executing our robust business continuity plan
Our commitment to our clients and partners is unwavering as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we appreciate your ongoing collaboration and understanding as we work to maintain the high-quality service and support that you depend on us to deliver.
TELUS International has sites in 20 countries around the world. As the virus transmission has increased in certain regions, and workplaces have been impacted by government-mandated restrictions, we continue to leverage the full breadth of our dedicated team, agile processes and advanced technology to implement the following measures:
- Optimizing team operations by leveraging at-home models for almost our entire global workforce
- Utilizing excess capacity or additional work hours
- Scatter shift scheduling
- Launching our Work Anywhere / WFH solution to support the continuity of our clients' digital and CX programs
With country-level impacts evolving, the status and requirements have continued to change in each of our regions. As we foresee disruptions and improvements to our service delivery capabilities, we are committed to working together with our partners and clients in order to develop innovative solutions and workarounds, to communicate the potential impacts and opportunities to all stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion, and to take forward the lessons learned from this unprecedented situation to evolve as an organization.
As we have from the beginning of this pandemic, TELUS International continues to prioritize the health and safety of our teams around the globe. With that focus in mind we are committed to ensuring our teams in every country have access to an approved vaccine at no cost. Local health agencies and regulators in various countries are taking different approaches to the purchase, distribution and allocation of vaccines. We will work with these groups to ensure the health and safety of our team members and their families is a priority. As plans evolve we will share more details as soon as they are available.
We encourage our team members and clients to reach out to their direct managers and account managers, respectively, who can provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information about your particular site and role, or business operations.
We also strongly encourage referring to expert sources such as: